- Last post
- 666 Responses
SkyNet was developed in 1998
not quite as scary as other stuff here but:
"Imagine how much easier the snipers’ jobs would have been, if they had rounds that could change course in mid-air, to account for crosswinds, air density, and moving targets. Darpa, the Defense Department’s way-out research arm, launched a $22 million effort in November to do just that. By countering these "fundamental limitation[s] of accuracy," Darpa thinks it can dramatically improve American snipers’ range — and "provide a dramatic new capability to the U.S. military."
Aggressive Maneuvers for Autonomous Quadrotor Flight
(ie. "Mini Death-copter")
More cool than scary, wish I could work with this now...
- She's boring the tits offa me ova heah.Horp
- 10:43. TEN FUCKING MINUTES IN IT MIGHT GET INTERESTING.Horp
- Yeah thats when the starts, should have specifiedali
- Okay, now its interesting. 15 minutes in.Horp
- so his brain activity made a cube spin? in one direction, with no other control. not really impressive.Hombre_Lobo
- he could have thought about anything, and his brain activity might have caused it to spin.Hombre_Lobo
- this would be interesting if it wasn't that she likes to hear her own voice so much.zenmasterfoo
More than a little scary, definitely not cool..
Computer virus implied in crash of Spanish airliner a couple of years ago.. http://translate.google.com/tran…
- Not really the appropriate thread, but I didn't know where else to put it.detritus
- implied = implicated.
- when a thread was started by you and this 1 was, you dont have to explain yourSEFF.e-pill
- post as you see fit, you started this whole scary tech awareness... just keep posting!e-pill
- nairn is detritus? :O
is this a dream?!?
LOL detritus -
- haha yes they are teh samee-pill
The real 2001: Scientists teach robots how to trick humans
An experiment by researchers at the Georgia Institute of Technology is believed to be the first detailed examination of robot deception.
The team developed computer algorithms that would let a robot ‘decide’ whether it should deceive a human or another robot and gave it strategies to give it the best chance of not being found out.
manhacks are here, we are fucked