- Last post
- 392 Responses
Though, as They seem to consider environmental issues as 'politics', don't be surprised if this thread gets deleted in 5.. 4.. 3..
what, no human?
fucking sad and depressing.
Don't forget - humans are a part of nature and our rise and consumptive expansion merely a function thereof. In absolute terms, there is no 'right' or 'wrong' with our actions, just as there isn't in a swarm of locusts or soldier ants.
Who's to say that all our actions aren't part of a cycle within Gaia larger than we can presently comprehend?
- you are bringing tears to my eyes... so soft... poetic... sensitiveCALLES
- A difference is animals typically take and use only what they need to surviveETM
- You never seen a cat or a dog kill another animal, just for the sake of it? What about killer whales toying with seal pups?Nairn
- I'm just a typical human - I only consume as I need to too. I probably consume more than an African - but who's 'right'?Nairn
- What? Are you tired of boring the peeps at Rapture Ready?TheBlueOne
- haha did you even read any of those before you posted them?spifflink
- i sure did. Need me to summarize?teleos
- haha evidently not then.spifflink
- He didn't because Freeman Dyson review he posted is actually very pro environmentalist.Mimio
Interesting, this "Renegade" character pops up, posts a Global Warming thread and then teleos comes barging in with a links festival and his usual crapola. I smell a setup...especially considering teleos only posts in religious or global warming threads.
In a nutshell...
Scores of atmospheric scientists are coming forward [in spite of threats to their careers by the Global Warming orthodoxy] and saying that the evidence suggests that Anthropogenic Global Warming has nothing to do with [egocentric] humans. And that there's nothing we can do to change it. That it's cyclical just like the warming episodes in earth's ancient past.
Did the ancient massive land bridges of earth's history, which dissolved due to warming, happen because of suburbanite SUV drivers?
- There needs to be less emotion and more examination of the data.teleos
- egocentric? assuming all powerful being cares about you on an internet forum = egocentricspifflink
- dude... you're wrong it's not a coincidence that in the last 50 years there has been a spike in ice caps melting!!! AKA since we started industrializing
I can't even begin to tell you how much you have come to bore the living shit out of me.
You only really need one link..
Teleos - it doesn't take 'much' extra atmospheric CO2 to screw things over - and, as already discussed in that other thread a month or so ago - CO2 pollution is the visible edge of a much larger sword.
You clam up and remain as ignorant as you like - you've got your little godhead to placate your mores - just leave the rest of us to actually give a shit about looking after this fucking planet.
There's the Nairnian emotionalism I was expecting...
No sir, you need to read more than your link. The tide of evidence is leaning more and more in the direction of cyclical trends in the earth's climate which are not anthropogenic. Cows produce more harmful emissions that the sum of automobiles on this planet. Further, I care a lot about this planet. As a Christian, I am called to obey the "Cultural Mandate" which requires that I be a good steward of creation. That I respect it and do everything I can to preserve it. In doing so, I push back against the "curse" of the Fall and play a part in the renewal that Christ will eventually bring to this planet. It will one day be like it originally was.
I'm just not willing to let political ideologues tell me what to believe and play on my emotions.
- You expect it because you know and your kind's very existence makes my bile rise.Nairn
- "my kind"? I know I know... it helps us sleep when we can compartmentalize and marginalize.teleos
- I have problems sleeping because of this world's problems - and yes, I compartmentalize religionists.Nairn
- If I could, I'd shut you all in a very, very, very small hermetically-sealed box.Nairn
"I'm just not willing to let political ideologues tell me what to believe and play on my emotions."
hahahhaha...HAHAHAHAHAHA...oh man, thank you for giving me the best laugh of the fucking week...
Didn't watch it...just read your summary. This is what I have believed all along.
What gets me is now there is strong evidence to suggest global warming is happening on other planets like Jupiter, Mars, Neptune and others. So much for humans and carbon emissions being the culprit. IT"S A NATURAL CYCLE!
Global warming's happening on Jupiter and Neptune?
Do you even know what the fuck a gas giant is?
Every time this debate comes up....the Global Warming sensationalists love to come out an hurl insults without actually addressing anything.....awesome.
- Because it's all been said so many times before. As always, it's 'scientists' vs. religionists. There is no right or wrong.Nairn
- Well, except for you guys - you're wrong.Nairn
- indeed. Because it ties in too closely with their under girding worldview.teleos
- Amazing. Thanks for proving humanities inherent propensity for self delusion.TheBlueOne
- Anyway, if you insist - there's a link from my link to refute your position - http://environment.n…Nairn
- Has nothing to do with science vs. religion. There are many people including scientists who don't believe it's happening.designbot
- not really , but whatever designbot.spifflink
"Environmentalism has replaced Socialism as the new religion of the secularist"