News of the day...
- Last post
- 3,106 Responses
"Black Swan country pub in Yorkshire named world's best restaurant"
- "Based on a poll of customer reviews". Well, if you've never been out of your yorkshire village before ...microkorg
- ... then of course it's going to be the "Best in the World" according to you.microkorg
- "...global poll based on millions of reviews."monospaced
- It does have a Michelin star and a famous chef, and many other awards, after all :)monospaced
- Nothing strange about this. My home town had one of the best-reviewed restaurants in Scotland. It was next a chippy and a pub that sold drugs.face_melter
- It's all about pubs these days. UK's official best restaurant is the Sportsman pub in Kent.Fax_Benson
- Some of the best food I ever had was a pub in the middle of the country in England. Not sure it was even on the map but it was amazing.monospaced
- michelin star baby - thats how it works.fadein11
- it beat Heston's pub which is also near the top:
- LOL @ Fax. No, the best restaurant in the world is the one in the story.Hayzilla
- Don't care how good it is.. not going up 'norf!dee-dubs