Public Voice Network
- Ray Manzarek, RIP : / 1717
- Daft Cars / Anyone? 11
- Famous Street Artists 1414
- You're at a party and… 3939
- Notre Dame 44
- GIF vs JIF 1717
- TITS GIF 1515
- The Silk Road 1515
- Really? 4343
- Apple Manufacturing 1313
- sliding top panel wordpre… 11
- Pic of the Day 7471674716
- the gif animation thread 1845618456
- Amy's Baking Company 112112
- Xbox: New Generation Reve… 6767
- Stag Do - London 44
- MILF's and curvy chic… 276276
- Tornado season 112112
- Vid of the Day 1505315053
- What are you listening to… 55795579
- LA Life 88
- Star Trek Into Darkness 5858
- iPhone Apps of the Day 9292
- Anywhere in the USA 55
Grime Jan 10, 13, 5:30 p.m.
I hardly no anything about the genre. I've heard of a few artists already before coming onto this:
The 10 Most Important Grime Tracks Ever
POSTED BY ANDROIDS ON JANUARY 10, 2013
Anything else missing from that? I'd like to hear more.
Internet Cat Video Film Festival Jul 11, 12, 9:20 p.m.
Hamilton Type Museum May 3, 12, 10:50 p.m.
Needs a thread. Too bad I started it with a necessity:
Wood type lovers, lend a hand! Four inches of rain in northeastern Wisconsin last night has left us with an inch of standing water in the museum (it's bad). The 800 gallons of water we've sucked off the floor looks like beer (we're calling it Hamilton Stout). We need your help raising funds to repair the roof, clean off type and buy more paper towels. Consider a donation today, any amount helps. Please repost. http://woodtype.org/support
Dogme 2012 for digital Apr 2, 12, 4:11 p.m.
I'd love to find a way to apply the austerity of Dogme 95 philosophy to modern digital photography. I haven't seen anything out there and thought I'd ask here. Ideally, I'd like to apply something like this to still photography especially. (iiiiiii)
1. Filming must be done on location. Props and sets must not be brought in. If a particular prop is necessary for the story, a location must be chosen where this prop is to be found.
2. The sound must never be produced apart from the images or vice versa. Music must not be used unless it occurs within the scene being filmed, i.e., diegetic.
3. The camera must be a hand-held camera. Any movement or immobility attainable in the hand is permitted. The film must not take place where the camera is standing; filming must take place where the action takes place.
4. The film must be in colour. Special lighting is not acceptable (if there is too little light for exposure the scene must be cut or a single lamp be attached to the camera).
5. Optical work and filters are forbidden.
6. The film must not contain superficial action (murders, weapons, etc. must not occur.)
7. Temporal and geographical alienation are forbidden (that is to say that the film takes place here and now).
8. Genre movies are not acceptable.
9. The film format must be Academy 35 mm.
10. The director must not be credited.
beautiful swear words Jul 20, 11, 5:59 p.m.
Art copy generator Jul 8, 11, 8:54 p.m.
My work explores the relationship between postmodern discourse and skateboard ethics.
With influences as diverse as Camus and Frida Kahlo, new combinations are crafted from both traditional and modern meanings.
Ever since I was a student I have been fascinated by the traditional understanding of meaning. What starts out as hope soon becomes corroded into a tragedy of power, leaving only a sense of chaos and the prospect of a new reality.
As temporal forms become clarified through diligent and diverse practice, the viewer is left with an impression of the inaccuracies of our era.
what da ugly font Jul 7, 11, 9:37 a.m.
i've seen this before and the name is on the tip of my tongue. windoze font?
fmt 20110526 May 26, 11, 9:12 p.m.
wow, almost friday and no thread. must be summer in the north.
I'd go to Yale... Mar 22, 11, 4:51 p.m.
Monty the 'Therapy Dog' Now Available for Checkout to Stressed Yale Law Students
Yale Law, maybe one of the most stress-filled of places in an already far too stress-filled world, is introducing a pilot program that will offer a "therapy dog" named Monty for checkout from the library, where many students flock to be stressed. The New York Times reports that Monty is now available for a trial run that started yesterday. For three days, he'll be at the circulation desk for 30-minute checkout periods. Who is this Monty? Monty is a dog couched in mystery (in fact, Monty was offered a year ago, then deemed "a gag". Now it seems he's available for real):
The school is not saying what sort of dog Monty is; what happens to him when school is out of session; or how Monty himself may be kept from becoming overstressed with all his play dates.