For a better tomorrow.
I was born here, i have lived most of my life in Texas. Everyone from here hates on all of the Cali imports. The city loathes the music festival crowds. It's hillarious to me bc it brings millions of dollars of revenue monthly.
Music is king here. Everyone is working for a startup and it seems like no one is from here, at all.
Its beautifu herel, so much to do outside. It's only boring if you are boring.
analog with proper jacks
- this will sell like crazyinteliboy
- I don’t care, I need thisautoflavour
- stupid thing is, I think 808's are totally overrated.. but still, I am a gear whore and this must be ownedautoflavour
- Behringer are making all the gear we want other manufacturers to re-release. It's genius!microkorg
- i mean all this synth stuff is designed by Midas in England right? almost a shame Uli loves slapping his name on synths.kingsteven
- oh mannnn, behringer you're killing me! haha... I was seriously considering the tr-08 but looks like I will be patiently waiting for this beastprophetone
- Ugghh I was gonna get a Nava 909 clone, but now it looks like I might have to wait for the RD 909ltjohnrambo
- its not where its designed, its where its made.. and sadly Behringer has a terrible track record of using budget manufacturers in China for everythingautoflavour
- i totally agree about the unreliability but when i've looked in to failures in rack units it's been down to circuit design... nothing physically wrong...kingsteven
- i imagine the midas designed circuits wouldn't be subject to the same cost-cutting. so if they do turn out to be more reliable it's a shame they have to usekingsteven
- a brand synonymous with cheap but unreliable gear.kingsteven
Styling inspiration by QBN. I just received a pair of geta shoes. Those japanese wooden shoes. I saw them in an illustration with a girl and an insane motorbike here on QBN. Don't ask me where. It was a damn cool illustration though. And I figured, I needed those crazy shoes.
Will use them in a commissioned shoot in two weeks.
- Clogs mate. They are called Clogs.Hayzilla
- Lets see em then.Hayzilla
- I hate them. The sound they make is obnoxious. Lolpango
- hehe... this plastic gloss effect looks like the typical exclamation resource used in mangaOBBTKN
- lol @ all v.valid comments.fadein11
- Bonus points for the Japanese comic book-style whoosh lines.Continuity
- haha, yes, made the lines on purpose... ;-) i will tell my model not to move, because i hate loud shoes. clogs... sorry ;-)SimonFFM
- Should have give a shout out - I'd have sent over my pair!mugwart
- (dont wear as they the sound is annoying as hell!)mugwart
- You know what's the best birthday day gift for your friends kids? A pair of those wooden shoes!pango
- are there really any shoes that wouldn't work on a beautiful, naked woman?Gnash
- ^ that's a thread unto it's ownset
- ^ dont tell Peter!mugwart
- go to solvang, capockets
Client's returned from a U.S. trip and is very excited about the internal 'playbooks' that apparently get corporate America all frothy.
C: Here's a sample chapter, can you put together a design direction for our shiny new playbook?
T: No problem. What form do you intend it to take? Printed piece? PDF? Video? Vajazzle?
C: Yes, any of those, or could be Wordpress. Just design the sample and we'll confirm later.
- well.. to side with client, the expect probably 'book format' could be shoved in pdf/print/images in wordpress.shapesalad
- w question here? make the video embed it on a landing page running in wp, print the invoice and attach it to an email,
- oh damn underestimated the price (it's a video), add two $ to the price.sted
I'm really excited about this one. I'm headed back to LA tomorrow night. This is not NYC so please, if you are driving, measure your drinking or get an Uber/Lyft. You know the cops are going to be out because it's an official Californian drinking holiday. Happy Cinco de Mayo in advance!
We have reserved a bunch of booths and tables in a small side room next to the bar. So, if you're looking for me to get drink tickets, that's likely where I'll be or nearby. I'm easy to spot.
Is anyone coming a photographer? Please bring your cameras or snap some pics on your phone. You know, for history's sake.
- no pictures of me allowedpockets
- im probably not going to drink..i dont need a DUI and people in Venice are crazy afpockets
- I'll shoot incognito stalker style. lolsea_sea
- stay away from the fat guy with a awesome beardpockets
- I'll bring the model release forms.sea_sea
After 14 years with mt, I've pulled the plug - they've become a horrible company. I've moved primarily to Digital Ocean and have a few EC2 instances on AWS. A bit of a learning curve compared to Plesk but way more powerful and you won't have to deal with notices that your server will be migrated automatically in week like you get with mt.
- I was even getting a 50% discount on mt from the newstoday discount code from 2004 and it's still not worth itspot13
- I'd love to know how much business MT got for that 50% offer - the NT community's not gigantic, but I bet a significant % took it on.
I know I did...detritus
- I think we are going to do a test on Cloudways...looks promising.dbloc
Thanks again everyone!! Can anyone recommend any good Blues bars music wise thats my thing :)
- culturally, not much of a Blues city. you'll have better luck finding jazz, and even then it's pretty thin.MrAbominable
- Oh thats shamemattwrightgd
- Check out Terra Blues on Bleeker St or Blue Note by Washington Sq parkdesmo
- yeah true, northern city not so much blues. 55bar has great live music tho. they might have something you're after.doesnotexist
- s'ok. you just get to change your expectations.MrAbominable
- Yeah was gonna check 55bar :)mattwrightgd
- Village VanguardBH26
- Arthur’s Tavern is good for live music too. Depending on night can be some good Blues bandsBH26
- Thanks again everyonemattwrightgd
Serious question. Why is the gay lisp a thing?
- It is?detritus
- good doc. saw it few years back at Hot Docs fest.Gnash
- It's not a gay lisp, it's a lisp. Almost none of the gays I know have it, while I've known two straights with it.i_monk
- Then what’s with the talking kinda like teenage girls thing?monospaced
- because low-poly attention whores need stupid made-up things to feel special?sted
- What do you mean by "a thing"?notype
- I’ve noticed among the gay people I know that a significant percentage have adopted a cultural style of speaking, while others have not. It’s a thing I guess.monospaced
- got an experts opinion on this:
It's a thing, and it's sexy. But guys grow out of it, as they get older.sted
- being gay is de-individualzing. you lose all your personality traits in order to adopt a template of gay voice and gestures.drgs
- gay people converge into one organism, like antsdrgs
- You could say the same thing about straight people and it would be an equally retarded generalisation.set
- I don’t think anyone is generalizing, just noticing something that is a thing in many cases. Of course straight people have localized dialects too.monospaced
- I was talking to drgs and his odd comment.set
- I and monospaced are saying the same thing.
- All I know is... if you spend enough time on qbn, you photoshop set’s face onto something.imbecile
- Are you guys talking about 'camp minciness'? 'Cos some girls and women do that shit too, and death to all of them.detritus
- Gay honey badger doesn't care
- Didn't know we have so many gay expert here. So they...pango
- Yeah. Maybe that’s it. Some go so far it almost resembles a lisp, but it’s really just an annoying drawn out S sound.monospaced
- Fucking listen to yourselves. All we need is robo to make a trans joke and we have QBN bingo.face_melter
- ... bc wiki is always a good source of truth. GTFOnotype
- lol @ face :)fadein11
- would this still be called 'mansplaining'?Gnash
- As the only gay in the QBN village (no lisp, not camp) I think it is largely a learned affectation, list most speech patterns and behaviours.i_monk
- There are also pervasive gay stereotypes that are fiercely (in both senses) defended by gays who embody them, to the point that gays who do not are likely to bei_monk
- called straight-acting, self-hating, or some other insult for failure to conform.i_monk
- Conforming by not confirming in the same way. Funny.pango
- Damn it * conformingpango
- I’ve only known 1 gay man with a lisp in my 40 yrs and i consider myself “in community”, don’t believe the hype. I’ve known a few (very) straight dudes with anotype
- lisp (likely just called a speech impediment for them)notype
Wearing these today
- in public?Fax_Benson
- sorry - I'm in no position to critique. However, this whole thread goes way over my head.Fax_Benson
- I bought a re release of these like 10 years ago. They look clunky AF in size 12.fooler
- AM95 f yeaHijoDMaite
- Yeah. 90s retro. In large sizes tho they do make you look like you're standing on a sofa.MrT
- 90's classic but hard to get away with in one's 40's.fadein11
- nah do it. I still buy Max 90s like they were in fashion 25 years ago.MrT
- Lol @ faxApeRobot
- in public? ROFL!!!!microkorg
- Wear what the fuck you like. I have my Jordan XI Breds on today.face_melter
- I never liked these when they came out. But respect your decision. I still wear AM90's all the time.Hayzilla
- Out of the ENTIRE AM line up, these are my favourite. Wear whatever the f you like. Life is short.desmo
- Lol. I'm a sneaker freak and always loved this design but for me personally, best left in the 90's with a whole host of happy memories :)fadein11
- Early 2000pango