For a better tomorrow.
- you dressed like Kim Jong Un for Halloween too ey?moldero
- Trump: "Does it hurt?"
Putin: "Your small hand isn't strong enough. I don't feel a thing."Krassy
- ^ LOL!chukkaphob
- 'So you came dressed as Bill Cunningham as well?'face_melter
- Steven Seagal winter lineIRNlun6
- Hillary wore it better.monospaced
Canada is extending paid parental leave to 18 months.
Eligible new parents will be able to spread 12 months of employment insurance benefits over 18 months after the birth of a child. Other changes for family caregiver benefits and the option to take maternity benefits 12 weeks before the baby is due will also come into effect on Dec. 3.
- fuuuu ... I get 6 weeksmonospaced
- ^ that's probably your company, not the gov't, yes?Gnash
- yeah, but thats actually good in the us :/
Government gives NOTHINGmonospaced
- i don't get it. that sucksGnash
- The 12 month extension though is great so that the father can grab some of that extra time off and not at the expense of the mother's.ETM
- But in the case where the mom may take all 18 months, that does make things a bit harder for the employers filling even larger mat leaves.ETM
- For our American friends, we have laws here that require the employer retain the working position of the person on parental leave so they can return.ETM
- Or pay adequate severance payment to terminate/buy out their position.ETM
- Don't know why , but this reminded me of an American ad I saw, where you get a free AK47 with your car purchasedrgs
- The flip side being that a lot of women use this system as a way to find a new job, few women ever return to their old job causing serious problems for businesszarkonite
- ^ that's true. but usually they stay home longer with the kids before finding a new gigGnash
- I live in Kanada and I never heard of thisBennn
- I hear the gross payout is the same whether 12 or 18 months. So 18mo you are at like 30% salary instead of 45% or whatever it ismonNom
- Yeah the total amount is fixed, you just spread it over more time. Essentially it's a rule change to the duration only.zarkonite
- @Benn yes, but you live in the Quebec bubble :)ETM
- Socialism FTWGuyFawkes
- Time to make babies!!pango
- @gnash: which is unfair to the employer and coworkers who have to pay into unemployment to give her a free a vacation... it's this kind of abuse that makeszarkonite
- social programmes fail.zarkonite
- I agree that E.I. gets abused a lot, but I don't think that mat. leave falls into that category, really.Gnash
- Some women may use the opportunity to look into career shifts but I imagine she'd return if the company met her needsGnash
15 year old thread!
This made me lol, Ben...
"seriously i just watch cnn 30 minutes and now my brain think that a war will begin soon and its normal because we need it."
- True. Fear forever.PhanLo
- all in RED "breaking news" "breaking news"Krassy
- LOL wow... I sound like a 12 y-o in that post lollBennn
- you prob WERE 12 yrs old 15 years ago. LOL!Krassy
- like no other!utopian
- you're english has definitely gotten better over the 15 yrs._niko
- I don't think you sound like a 12 year old Ben. I think you make a very good point. You're self aware enough to know you've been manipulated, at least..set
- thanks set :P
Louis CK masturbates on the phone and awkwardly gets naked in front of two comediennes?
What a lame way to ruin your career.
- he just admitted it all and didn't point a finger at anyone else. total creep, but taking full responsibility it seems.capn_ron
- sad ... those two girls just laughed and got freaked out and left ... the other decided to change her career because of it ...monospaced
- career over...utopian
- career far from overspl33nidoru
- price of fame - be a creep and the entire world will find out.inteliboy
- Hes ballsy to even try that. Real sickosince1979
- CG ? ... Woah !gonzalle
- no trash or pee pee on the floor; totally fictional subway.plash
- 3D max/vrayETM
- Montreal's subway is as clean as this, may be moreBennn
- ^ If by 'clean' you mean 'compared to NY City's subway', then sure.Continuity
- Nice. Getting the correct scale on metals is something i'm kinda bad at.face_melter
- Although the chrome in this is a bit too shiny for my liking.face_melter
- there's a guy near me who rides around on his bike with a really boomin speaker system in his rucksack. You can hear him coming from miles off.Fax_Benson
- i want those speakersBluejam
- adolosecents desperately seeking attention. Also old farts on motorbikes playing classic rockBustySaintClaire
- Punk AFfuturefood
- fantastic and awesome bros!sureshot
the jamie oliver method is pretty foolproof. the original recipe called for the mushrooms to be cooked separately in a pan with some olive oil, garlic and chilli... this version grills them for some reason.
1 small onion , peeled and finely chopped
2 sticks celery , trimmed and finely chopped
400 g risotto rice
75 ml vermouth or white wine
freshly ground black pepper
4 large handfuls wild mushrooms (try shiitake, girolle, chestnut or oyster) , cleaned and sliced
a few sprigs fresh chervil, tarragon or parsley , leaves picked and chopped
1 lemon , juice of
1 teaspoon butter
1 small handful Parmesan cheese , freshly grated, plus extra for serving
extra virgin olive oil
1.5 litres organic chicken or vegetable stock , hot
1 handful dried porcini mushrooms
A mushroom risotto can be taken in many different ways, depending on what kind of mushrooms you have and whether they are introduced at the very beginning of cooking or just added at the end, as I’m going to do here. The inspiration for this recipe came when I was in Japan and saw mushrooms being cooked completely dry on a barbecue or griddle pan. This way of cooking brings out a really fresh and nutty flavour in them; perfect for being dressed lightly with olive oil, salt and lemon juice or stirred into a risotto at the last minute before serving.
Heat your stock in a saucepan and keep it on a low simmer. Place the porcini mushrooms in a bowl and pour in just enough hot stock to cover. Leave for a couple of minutes until they’ve softened. Fish them out of the stock and chop them, reserving the soaking liquid.
In a large pan, heat a lug of olive oil and add the onion and celery. Slowly fry without colouring them for at least 10 minutes, then turn the heat up and add the rice. Give it a stir. Stir in the vermouth or wine – it’ll smell fantastic! Keep stirring until the liquid has cooked into the rice. Now pour the porcini soaking liquid through a sieve into the pan and add the chopped porcini, a good pinch of salt and your first ladle of hot stock. Turn the heat down to a simmer and keep adding ladlefuls of stock, stirring and massaging the starch out of the rice, allowing each ladleful to be absorbed before adding the next.
Carry on adding stock until the rice is soft but with a slight bite. This will take about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, get a dry griddle pan hot and grill the wild mushrooms until soft. If your pan isn’t big enough, do this in batches. Put them into a bowl and add the chopped herbs, a pinch of salt and the lemon juice. Using your hands, get stuck in and toss everything together – this is going to be incredible!
Take the risotto off the heat and check the seasoning carefully. Stir in the butter and the Parmesan. You want it to be creamy and oozy in texture, so add a bit more stock if you think it needs it. Put a lid on and leave the risotto to relax for about 3 minutes.
Take your risotto and add a little more seasoning or Parmesan if you like. Serve a good dollop of risotto topped with some grilled dressed mushrooms, a sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Yep, sorted. RIP Antonio.MrT
- fancy booze is the key ingredient for most thingsFax_Benson
- cheffy-type chefs swear by noilly prathans_glib
- Yup, I've made this very recipe dozens of times. Fool-proof and tasty.Continuity
- Also, Noilly Prat makes a damned fine classic martini.Continuity
- Well, the vermouth component of it, anyway.Continuity
- Beautiful :)PonyBoy
- I might have to buy some Noilly Prat - I like an Americano after an Aperol Spritz or three, just to reset the palate.detritus
- Quite annoyed by Aperol's marketing splurge - Spritz' were my personal Thing from Italy, and now every cunt's on them and bartends sigh at me when I order.detritus
- Haha. Aperol Spritz have been Munichers' favourite summer drink since, like, forever. Years and years.Continuity
- I meant here in Blighty, obviously.detritus
- you girlie boy, youhans_glib
- easy to make, easy to drink, what's not to like?hans_glib
- Worst one I've ever had was in a supposedly Italian-themed bar in Prague. I was fucking livid. Fuck you, Pastacaffé.detritus
- Is this the same Prague trip Mrs Detritus recently conned you into going on?Continuity
- The very same. Wish I'd gone years ago!detritus
- go to prague, keep it italian. makes sensehans_glib
- Well, neither of us drink lager (although I did on one day) and this place was right next to where we were going to listen to some music...detritus
- Also, I had the best Spritz I've ever had on our first night wandering around. Although that was a wine bar too...detritus
- On our very last night we found Our Own Place, half way out across town, tiny and local. It was a wine bar too...detritus
- Just a good business man, you'd all do it if you could. Etc, etc.PhanLo
- StubHub's one company I'd love to see go under.detritus
- ^ yup, detritusGnash
- I find it hard to understand people like this, who value dollar above everything else in life. Perhaps they simply don't see what cunts they are. PsychoAutists.detritus
- ditto to detrituslvl_13